Wednesday, July 30, 2008

First Post

Hello! Welcome to Mr. Beebe's SHS Blog.

I am entering my first year as a teacher and a coach in the Sturgis school district. I'm moving back to Michigan from Cincinnati, Ohio, where I was the Head Women's Tennis Coach and Assistant Women's Basketball Coach at the College of Mount St. Joseph, a NCAA Division III school. I enjoyed my time while at MSJ, but I'm extremely excited to get back to West Michigan!

Prior to MSJ, I was the Head Women's Basketball Coach at Glen Oaks Community College. I liked being at GOCC and I was excited when my good friend (and Sturgis Middle School teacher) Mrs. Burg told me about the open positions at SHS!

I graduated from Grand Valley State University in 2002 with a B.A. in Secondary Education, majoring in English and minoring in Physical Education. In 2007, I earned my Master's Degree in Education from Heidelberg College.

I grew up in Ravenna, a small town between Muskegon and Grand Rapids, and graduated from RHS in 1992.

I'm looking forward to working with the other members of the English Department during my first year at SHS as well as ALL members of the girl's basketball program!

1 comment:

Ice Burg said...

Good thing you mentioned my name otherwise there was going to be trouble!!! :) Isn't blogging fun.